Outreach to Four Corners Elementary School
Exciting Volunteer Outreach Opportunities at Four Corners Elementary
This year, we have exciting new outreach opportunities at Four Corners Elementary (500 Elma Avenue SE, Salem, OR 97317-5621). This is a school in our neighborhood that has 500 students with 87% of the families at poverty level. 60% are Hispanic children, many of whom are struggling with English as a second language.
- Immediate need for volunteers to help organize school supplies at the central supply warehouse at Walker Middle School. No background check is needed; if you can help contact Michelle at email@example.com or 503-364-2933.
- Help Yvonne in the Four Corners volunteer office. No background check needed. Contact Yvonne at medrano_yvonne@salkeiz.K12.or.us or 503-399-3145.
- During the school day, tutors and mentors are needed. Most needed times are Tuesdays from 12:20-2:30 p.m., and Thursdays from 9-10 a.m. If you are available at other times, that is possible as well. You will stay with the same student(s) all school year. Contact Yvonne at medrano_yvonne@salkeiz.K12.or.us or 503-399-3145.
- Be a library assistant. Help students find the right book for them.
- Help in the technology lab. Many students have never worked with computers and need help becoming computer literate.
- 100 students are waiting for more volunteers so they can participate in the After School Program. 165 students are already enrolled.
• Help students while in line for the hot dinner which is served Monday-Friday from 3:00-3:30 p.m. Sit with them while they eat.
• Help with prep work for art and science projects.
• Help students with homework in The Zone, located in the library.
• Help design craft projects.
• Assist with the Lego Robotics team.
• Assist students in Reuse Recycle Re-gift arts and crafts class.
• Help students garden in the community garden on Monday and Tuesday from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m.
• Work with students in the Fancy Nancy Club.
• Help with the Ooey Goey Science activities.
• Play with kids in the gym or on the playground.
• Teach kids how to knit or crochet.
• Teach kids what you know and are passionate about!!
• Be a kid’s grownup! Many kids hunger for positive adults in their life.
Questions? Contact Jackie Klimowicz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-585-5044.